Thursday, April 7, 2011

Review: Stephanie Plum Series

This was supposed to be a combined review of Hot Six and Seven Up, which are books 6 & 7 of the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich, but it is actually a review of the Stephanie Plum Series upto book 7 (which is all I have read so far).

I happened to come across the Stephanie Plum series around a year ago on a best books ever list. Before that, I had read parts of the Full series by Janet Evanovich and liked it immensely. So, being a fan of series and really liking the way Janet Evanovich writes, I decided to start with the Stephanie Plum books. The first book, One For The Money, amazingly well written, with delightful characters so well-drawn out that you could almost hear them speak next to you, had me completely hooked.

Stephanie, the main protagonist of the series is a ditzy, sometimes brave Bounty Hunter who is confused about everything in life except the importance of shoes :). You love reading about her and her escapades as a Bounty Hunter/Bailbondsman and all the other characters which appear around her. I confess to falling in love with Joe Morelli, her sometime boyfriend and even Ranger, her sometime Bounty Hunter partner and mentor who is way too hot! In every series, she encounters some easy and some difficult FTAs (failure to appear) which she needs to apprehend. As the story progresses, so does her skills as a bounty hunter and her relationship with Joe and Ranger.

The additional characters, Rex, Lula, Connie, Grandma Mazur, Stephanie's parents, Grandma Bella, Vinnie are also staples of every story and you connect to each and every one of them. The books are filled with LOL moments and some fantastic fiction. It gives you Stephanie's skewed version of reality, where she thinks it is just a part of her job to get shot at and to blow up cars!

I have to keep myself from reading the entire series at one go and actually take the time to savor each book like the treat it is!!  I rate the entire series a 5/5 and reccommend everyone to read it!

Rating: 5/5

1 comment:

The Librarian said...

I've recently read Lean Mean Thirteen. I've been wanting to read one of Evanovich's books and my library happened to have that one.
Also I't's nice to finally know what FTA stands for :)